Guide to the appointment of Associate Professors
Information about the agreed procedures for recruiting Associate Professors into joint appointments
The University’s strategic plan aims to: “recruit and retain the best academic staff and ensure that under-represented groups have equality of opportunity in recruitment, personal development, and career progression in all areas of employment in the University”.
The Associate Professor Recruitment Guidance (see Documents on the right) supports the strategic plan by focussing on good practice in recruitment to attract and recruit high-calibre staff from across the world and to work towards an increasingly diverse staffing profile. These guidelines have not been agreed with Conference of Colleges.
The appointment of an Associate Professor is a joint exercise of two employers: the college and the faculty/department. The Joint Appointments Procedures should be referred to alongside the guidance, as should the University’s general guidance on the administration of recruitment.
- Associate Professor Recruitment Guidance (DOC)
- Template invitation letter to prospective panel member (DOC)
- Guidance on combined selection committees (DOC)
- Example selection criteria (DOC)
- Template advertisement (DOC)
- Example shortlisting form (DOC)
- Template reference request letter (DOC)
- Selection exercises (DOC)
- Student feedback sheet (DOC)