The University Human Resources team supports Council's Personnel Committee in the strategic development, implementation, and review of comprehensive policies and practices on the employment of all University staff, and contributes to the work of other relevant committees in this general area.
Human Resources operates within a number of teams which are explained in the organisation chart which can be downloaded from the right hand side of this page.
- Operational teams of HR Business Partners (HRBPs), each headed by a Human Resources Team Leader, are aligned with each of the four academic divisions plus GLAM and UAS. HRBPs provide advice to heads of department, chairs of faculty boards, and departmental administrators/HAFs, in the context of an overall devolved approach to employment within the University
- The HR Systems team has teams dedicated to supporting CoreHR (our HR Information System) and analysing and reporting HR data (HR Analytics)
- The Recruitment team focusses on our recruitment processes including for senior academic appointments
- The Staff Immigration Team provide support and guidance on immigration issues (Right to Work, visas, etc)
- People and Organisational Development deliver effective development and training across the University
- The HR Policy Team develops policies and procedures for use by the devolved departmental HR teams following consultation across the University and with trades unions
- The Reward team manage policies and procedures in the areas of pay, job evaluation, and reward and recognition
- The Equality and Diversity Unit works to deliver the University’s equality objectives and promotes equality across all groups
Three other units - Childcare Services, the Occupational Health Service, and the University Safety Office - also report to the Director of Human Resources.