This page is for those who are eligible to apply for Professorial Merit Pay in the 2022 exercise.
Those eligible to apply are:
- statutory professors and readers (except clinical professors and readers); and,
- associate professors, keepers, and staff on the academic-related grades and on RSIV contracts who hold the title of full professor and who are employed by the University on non-clinical contracts.
Applicants must be employed by the University on 1 October 2022.
Those holding the title of reader and those holding the title of associate professor are not eligible to apply in this exercise.
If you are in any doubt as to whether you are eligible for the exercise please check with your divisional office.
The online system for applications opens on the internal job board on Wednesday 6 April 2022 and closes at 12 noon on Friday 20 May 2022. Between those dates applicants should follow the instructions provided in the Call for Applications and Procedures document and on-screen to apply via the relevant divisional vacancy which is listed below:
- 157387 - Professorial Merit Awards 2022 (Humanities)
- 157425 - Professorial Merit Awards 2022 (MPLS)
- 157426 - Professorial Merit Awards 2022 (Social Sciences)
- 157427 - Professorial Merit Awards 2022 (Medical Sciences)
NB: the online system is normally intended for people applying for jobs and there is therefore some information on the screens which is not relevant to applications for professorial merit pay. Please ignore the information that only applies to job applications.
Please note that references should be sent to the relevant division by email as outlined in the Call for Applications and Procedures document.